Should you require any help with any information about Oi, please contact Tel: 02 9364 0111 or

6. Seniors Print this page

6. Seniors

Oi encourages seniors to live actively and fully.

Seniors with a disability need to consider services that will help them live comfortably and as independently as possible. 

It is important that you know how to access services that can support your needs and provide practical assistance so you can participate in a wide range of recreational activities and interests.

What specific services exist for seniors with disability?

Most frail aged and young people with a disability can continue to live at home with a basic level of help with their daily living tasks.

For people who need more help, there is intensive support at home.


The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) requires all States and Territories to simplify and streamline the community care system, including improving access to services. In response the NSW Government established the Community Care Access Point (CCAP).

Accommodation for people living with disabilities in NSW

The Home and Community Care (HACC) Program is a joint Australian and NSW Government initiative to help people live more independently in their own home and community.

Throughout NSW more than 500 service providers deliver help at home via the HACC services to local communities. 


Safety Victoria


ACT Housing community services options

ACT Seniors Card


Northern Territory Seniors Card


Council of Ageing West Australia Help for Seniors getting online

Commonwealth Resources


My aged care


Disability Support Pension

Companion Card

What support, advocacy and other groups exist for seniors with a disability?

There are many state based organisations that provide support and advocacy for seniors with a disability.


Advocare provides a free, professional advocacy service for older adults and care recipients living in Western Australia. We assist clients of both residential and community care to understand their rights and make any necessary complaints about the care service they receive.


The ACT Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service (ADACAS) is an independent advocacy organisation helping people with disabilities, older people and their carers.


Darwin Community Legal Service (DCLS) is a free, confidential service that assists disadvantaged members of the community to protect their legal rights.


Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy (QADA) Inc. is a not-for-profit community-based Statewide advocacy service funded to provide information, education, support and representation to enable people to understand and exercise their rights and their responsibilities.


The Aged Rights Advocacy Service Inc (ARAS) is a not-for-profit community based organisation, providing advocacy support since 1990. It is an independent, rights based organisation that aims to promote and protect the rights and wellbeing of older people, through the provision of information, education, support and representation.


Advocacy Tasmania Inc. (ATI) is an independent, non-government organisation that has provided advocacy services across Tasmania to older people, and people with disabilities.

Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) offers a free, confidential and independent service to older people (or their representatives) who are receiving an Australian Government subsidised aged care service in Victoria. ERA provides advocacy assistance to support older people to uphold their rights.